Friday, January 18, 2008

Writer's Almanac

Weird wild stuff. I opted out of receiving daily e-mails from the Writer's Almanac a while back because I was just getting too much stuff into my in box each day. I love listening to it in the morning on NPR, but it so happens that it airs right at the time when I'm dropping off my son.

Well lately I've been pondering my place in the world. My husband laughs at that and says I've already arrived there and I don't see it. Anyway, that's besides the point. :)

I've been thinking a lot about my writing and lack thereof. I've been thinking about how I need to get off my butt and I need to start sending out queries again to agents. (I know! I know!)

So I was really surprised when Tuesday I suddenly started getting the daily e-mails from Writer's Almanac again and I didn't even ask for them. I haven't even gone on their website in months until today. How wild is that??

It just reminded me of a great essay I read by the Publisher of Skirt! in the January edition. In her case she couldn't figure out where to rent office space. After renting a building, and torturing herself about the decision, they tore down the building next to her. Written in old faded letters on the side of the building were the words, "Skirt Factory." I loved that!

No comments: