Thursday, January 31, 2008

Pepperocinis

What's up with me and pepperocinis? I have been craving them quite often lately. Stop before you get any crazy ideas! No, it's not that. This factory is closed. Of course my primary care physician scared the heck out me one day when she told me it isn't totally impossible.

I asked, "Ectopic, right?"
"No, I know the grown child," she answered.
Thanks Doctor Torres!

Seriously, I have been lusting after pepperocinis and jalapenos, two things that I did not start eating until my mid and late 30's, like I mean just a couple of years ago with the jalapenos and a few months ago with the peperocinis.

Obviously I need something more important to talk about today, but as usual I don't really have time to get into deep subject. Oh I know! I finally finished my short story "The Canal" and I submitted it to a short story collection in a literary magazine of stories about families. I got the lead on that Literary Mama's website. Check out the really cute t-shirt I bought from them.

It's 11:15 p.m. here and I still need to take a shower, pack my son's bag for the sitter's tomorrow, and lay out my daughter's school clothes. I also need to set my coffee maker and wash my blender. I am exhausted from a crazy week!

5 comments:

Moose said...

Thanks to my gastritis that flared up while living here in Denmark, I CAN NOT have anymore pepperocinis and jalapeños... not to mention coffee and soda pop.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

This is probably a stupid question but...what's a peperocini?

ShoeGirl Corner said...

And to think I used to always ignore the poor pepperocinis in the salad at Olive Garden. They are the big yellow peppers. To think I could have eaten them for all these years! They also serve them on the side-bar at Cafe Express.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Oh I love those! I thought they were called banana peppers?

ShoeGirl Corner said...

Moose, That sucks! Weird that now I'm eating them. I'm eating your share now!