Saturday, January 05, 2008

The Numbers Are In

Yesterday when I went to Target I bought a new scale. Turns out I haven't lost 13 lbs since the surgery. I've lost 11. I know, still good. So that, plus the 4 I lost pre-surgery, I've lost 15 lbs. From now on I'll just tally from pre-surgery on since that diet was part of the whole process. So I've lost 15 lbs so far. Not too shabby! I keep reminding myself that it will slow down once I can eat food.

It's been one week since I had the surgery. I am feeling surprisingly good. I was a little tired yesterday when I got home. My back was aching. I think I overdid it, although I did limit how much we did at the downtown aquarium. Of course the kids wanted to do everything but I told them we would only ride two rides and visit the gift shop for a toy.

I promised we will go back another day with their dad and we'll go inside the aquarium. We haven't seen the white tigers or the giant snake yet. I told them we'll have dinner there too. We've never done that since my son was born. My daughter ate there when she was younger because our neighbor across the street had his wedding there.

I go back to work on Monday after being off for a little more than a week. Interesting things are happening in Texas and in the Spanish newspaper publishing world. A really big newspaper publishing company bought the other Spanish weekly papers (not my papers) that are in Houston, San Antonio, and the Valley, and they are making them a part of their big newspaper network. It will be interesting to see what happens there. So I'm excited to be getting back to work and into the swing of things.

No comments: