Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Wikipedia, Random Observances & Motherhood

I love Wikipedia. I think we should all create Wikipedia entries on ourselves. Wouldn't that be cool? Instead of Googling each other we just Wikipedia.

Why is it that as big as I am the smallest parts of my body are my ankles and my wrists? So that means that when I'm finally at my target weight I'm probably going to have these bony ankles and wrists. Scary! All I've lost are 18 lbs and I look down and my ankles are already smaller. How do I go and lose the smallest part of my body first?

Whose idea was it to have two kids, and only three years apart, anyway? Okay, mine.

Sunday my daughter got mad at my son and she threw a Walmart toy magazine right at him, full force. She hit him right in the eye! He screamed bloody murder and after he calmed down he could open his eye and it was just red. I kept an eye on it and 2 days later, after the red had cleared, I found that he had a small blister looking thing on the white of his eye. I took him to his pediatrician this morning and she confirmed that it's a torn cornea. Ouch! So tomorrow we have an appointment with a pediatric ophthalmologist at Texas Children’s. Oh the joys of motherhood!!

2 comments:

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Ugh! Torn corneas are the worst.

Poor you. Poor him.

PS. Scrawny ankles are the new black.

Moose said...

Scrawny ankles are the new black? I loved that!

It's great that you lost 18 lbs. I can't wait to see the new you.

I hope your baby boy's ok. What did the doc say about his eye?