Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Funerals & Graves

I went to my mom's friends funeral. I'm glad I did. Even though I wasn't close to her family I felt it was important because this was my mom's friend and Iknow my mom would have wanted for me to.

I was really excited to find out that the final viewing was in this really old chapel at the same Brookside cemetery where my mom and sister were buried. I always admire this chapel when I go to check on my mom's and sister's gravestone, because it's right next to them. It's a small chapel and it has a really interesting history that dates back to the 1800s and the Berry Family of Houston. I always want to go inside, but it's closed. Yesterday I got to go inside for the first time, but there were so many people there that I didn't have an opportunity to really take everything in.

I also checked on my mother's and sister's graves and found my sister's overgrown with grass. I need to go back and clean it off. I also need to call and ask how often they clean them. I was wearing my mom's cameo brooch that I bought her in Pompeii and I thought of her all day.

No comments: