Saturday, September 24, 2005

I'm Back and Still Waiting

It's late. I'm tired and actually more tired of waiting than anything else. I've been waiting all day. I've been waiting for the storm to hit and to see what happens to my house. My front door neighbor was going to stay and he took down our phone numbers to tell us if anything happens to the house but I forgot to take down his phone number to call after the storm. What I'll do is call my dad tomorrow after the storm passes over and I'll ask him to drive by the house.

Rey woke up around 7:30 with Seth then I woke up around 8:30 and he went back to sleep for a little while. I hung out all day with the kids, took them outside to play on the swings, checked work e-mail and voice mail and then took a nap for a while with Seth. Rey washed clothes and went to his job. (their home office is in San Antonio) I woke up and folded clothes. We had dinner and then watched Beauty Shop. That was pretty much my day and I didn't leave the house all day. That and watching the Weather Channel.

I'm tired. Did I already say that? I want this storm to be over so I can find out what happened to my house and then I can start on the long drive home. I want to get started back on Sunday morning in case it takes all day to get back. Except Rey just told me he has a great alternate route that's going to get us home a lot faster.

I just hope my house is fine and both my sisters' homes are fine. They decided to stay. I'm sure they're going to be fine and I know our house will be just fine too.

No comments: