Friday, March 14, 2008

School's Out for Spring Break! Already!

I'm cheating today and I'm duplicating my blog from my other blog. It's late and I'm tired!

It’s Spring Break time! My daughter is off starting tomorrow and doesn’t go back until Tuesday, the 25th. I’m off next week.

My vacation time just snuck up on me! I’m not going anywhere, but we’re planning a lot of activities together right here in the Bayou City.

Here’s a list of some of the places we want to visit and do next week. We may do all of these or most of these. We’ll see!

Discovery Green (something new and whatever we can see that’s open)
The Downtown Tunnels (my daughter has wanted to go here for a long time)
Rodeo Carnival (an annual tradition now)
Ride the Metro Light Rail (from Downtown to the Rodeo Carnival)
Children’s Museum (oldie but goodie)
Museum of Natural Science (my son has never seen the dinosaurs)
The Movies! “Horton Hears a Who!”
A day to relax and hang out at home.
A shopping day.

That’s the great thing about Houston. There are so many things to do that it doesn’t matter that we decided to postpone our trip to San Antonio until May, when my step-daughter comes to visit. We have plenty to do in our own great city!

For some more great ideas I received this awesome mail piece from the Downtown District at my home. What are your plans for Spring Break? Are you taking some time off with your kids?

No comments: