Sunday, December 02, 2007

A Working Mother's Salvation

So it's Sunday night and I still have to embroider a jacket my daughter is wearing to her Junior Achievement graduation. They get to dress up as their future occupation. My daughter says she's going to be a doctor so I found a kid's lab coat for her and I'm embroidering "Dr. Ruiz" on it. I also have a pile of clean laundry I need to fold and put up.

I stare at all of the laundry that went unwashed today and I make an important decision. My cleaning lady didn't come this week (my other salvation) and she probably isn't going to make it this week because she's moving into her new house. I saved the money I would have paid her last week and I'm probably going to save that same money this week.

That's when I decide. I'm taking all of my laundry to the laundromat to have it washed for me. Yes it does cost money. But you know what?? It sure saves me a lot of time and energy. That's what I have to do in order to stay sane, work full-time, raise 2 kids, be a wife, make my 3 weekly meetings (spiritual/religion), and do some form of writing. It wouldn't be done any other way.

I have at least 2 pending writing projects. I need to finish a short story and a song I started writing with my husband. After that I want to start on either my husband's story idea or my young adult novel. It will never get done with this much laundry to wash. ;-)

2 comments:

Moose said...

Hey Shoegirl. I just want you to know that I could tease you so bad on the laundry subject... because I seemed to have grown up with a pretty wicked sense of humor... but I'm not... but I really, really, really want too... but I won't.

Anyway, if you can, send me a picture of Magenta in her lab coat. Sounds really sweet.

Oh and I think it's pretty neat that your husband's pretty creative too.

Who do you think will win in a battle, a great white shark or polar bear?

ShoeGirl Corner said...

There ain't no shame in my game! If I need a cleaning lady and to have my wash done I'll do it. ;-D

I will send a picture of Magenta, my mooshie moosh.

A great white shark!