Saturday, November 29, 2008

My Daughter, the Writer

Upon hearing that I was working on a new novel this morning my daughter promptly sat down to write her own book. Then my son started making art. I love them! They are so my children.

My sister called and asked what I was doing. I told her. "What happened to your first book?" she asked.

"I still have it but it's time for me to start a new one," I answer.

I guess people assume I will keep trying to get this one published before I move on to another project. But how many authors end up selling their second or third book first? A lot I'm sure. So that's what I'm doing. I'm moving on to Book #2.

I'll still revisit Book #1 and I may try sending it out too. I need to try some small presses. For now it's Book #2. It's actually a collaboration with my husband so it will be an interesting project.

No comments: