Sunday, November 11, 2007

Spain



University of Salamanca
Main Door

I love Spain. Almost everyone who know me knows that. So you can imagine how tickled I was when my daughter came home last week and told me that she had chosen Spain for her project on Spanish speaking countries. She has to create a travel brochure for Spain with photos and facts about the country.

I think I overwhelmed her with my enthusiasm and suddenly she wasn't very excited about the project. I think that she was disappointed that she didn't have to do very much research on the Internet when I pulled out an album of photos. Now that the project is due this week she's taken a little more interest.

I've scanned and re-sized several photos that I took in Madrid, Salamanca, Granada, Marbella, Avila, El Escorial, Ronda and Sevilla. As I was scanning the photos and saving them for her I thought about how funny it was that when I took all of these pictures in 1995, young and single, I never imagined that I would be using them for my daughter's school project. Life is amazing isn't it?

Soon after our trip in 1995 one of my best girlfriends bought me a cookbook for Spanish tapas. One of my favorite recipes to make is the meatball recipe, albondigas de ajillo. They have A LOT of garlic, but that's what makes them so delicious. Part of the school project is to take a dish from that country. My daughter chose the meatballs, so Thursday night we'll be making meatballs for the class project. I'm taking them to her school on Friday.

What I love about this project is that we help her with her prototype, but she has to make her final travel brochure on her own in class. I think that's good for her, to do it on her own. I can't wait to see her final masterpiece.

No comments: