Thursday, November 22, 2007

Obsession, Deceit and Really Dark Chocolate

I finished Sophie Katz's 3rd mystery today and I loved it. I had forgotten how much I liked mysteries. I was an avid Nancy Drew reader when I was a kid. Now that I'm reading Kyra Davis I've become a fan again. I need to check out some of the other chic-lit mystery writers out there. It's a whole other genre and really fun reads.

Now I'm ready for a heavy read again. Actually no. First I have to read this other great book that I found- Everything I Needed to Know About Being a Girl I Learned from Judy Blume. That's another fun read. Coincidentally, I found that Kyra Davis has a short story in that collection. There are some other chick lit authors in there who I discovered recently.

I never really read the genre that's considered Chick Lit until a few years ago. I especially love some of the short story collections I've read. Like Girls Nigh In. I want to buy Girls Night Out now.

1 comment:

Moose said...

Hi Shoegirl!
Man, I love the first three books of Kyra Davis, featuring Sophie Katz. Thanks for recommending her book. Can't wait to read the last one.

Check out this site and let me know what you think.

http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook