Sunday, August 26, 2007

So All Good Things Must Come to an End...

Well our anniversary weekend has come to an end. We had gifts, lunch together on Thursday (I forgot to mention that. They even gave us free ice cream for dessert!) dinner with friends on Friday, and celebrated with my in-laws yesterday.

The celebration didn't start before having some drama. Before my in-laws got here, my father left my house saying he was going to his favorite little restaurant. He called an hour later saying he was in a serious car accident.

Thank goodness he wasn't hurt seriously, but he did scrape up his wrist a little. The bad part was that the people he hit had no insurance and said he ran a red light. My father doesn't think he ran a red light but instead of denying it he told the police he wasn't sure. Ay a yay! Of course if they didn't have any insurance they were going to try to turn the tables to try to get out of it and to get money.

After all that drama we visited with my in-laws and played dice. I love these Smirnoff Ice drinks. I love the Green Apple Bite flavor. They are just right, not too strong and they taste great. That was my drink of choice last night.

Today is Sunday. Magenta starts First Grade tomorrow. I'm back on my restricted schedule. I have to have her at school a little before 8. Because even though they say school starts at 8 they really want them at their desk at 8. My question is. Why don't they just tell the parents that the bell rings at 7:50? Then they can have all the kids in their desks by 8.

Turn out the lights! The party is over. I have so much laundry to do that I'm taking it all to the laundrymat myself and just washing it all at one time. I have to get it all out of the way. So begins the new week and the new schedule. I never thought about it when I got married 10 years ago. Our anniversary will always fall on the weekend before school starts. Funny, the things you don't think about when you don't have kids.

2 comments:

Coco said...

Sorry to hear about your dad...luckily it's only his wrist and that he does have insurance!

smirnoff?! mmmm!! : ) i like the one with the black tag...plain.

yes, i go back to school tomorrow...i will need to check in at 7:20 am!! yikes!! and the kiddies need to be there by 8 am...in line!! and ready to walk into the classroom...we'll see how it works this year. it's a new schedule for our parents this year...ya veremos si llegan a tiempo.

thank you for the kind words, support, and prayers...

un fuerte y caluroso abrazo!

bendiciones.

kyradavis said...

Well drama aside, I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend! Hope the transistion back to real life isn't too painful!