Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Vacation Is Almost Here Again

Well not vacation like I'm going anywhere but vacation like I have time off from work. My little girl is on vacation from school for THREE WEEKS! What's up with that?? We never got vacation like that when we were kids. Two weeks for Christmas and two days for Thanksgiving. Now they give 3 weeks for Christmas and a whole week for Thanksgiving. Kids have it good!

I'm on vacation the last week of December. We are going to run around and go to the Children's Museum, The Mad Potter, and maybe even the zoo again if it's nice and cool, but not cold.

Some of you have commented on the house prices here. Yes I know. Houston has one of the best housing markets in the nation. That and we're the fourth largest city in the nation. That and we're the fifth largest Hispanic market. AND we are #4 in Hispanic Buying Power. Okay, my Hispanic marketing is kicking in. I better stop. Point of story is that we are one of the BEST cities in the nation to live in and especially for Latinos.

Sorry to rub it in. I can actually spend the $210,000 for that house in the city for a mini-mansion in the burbs. Okay, not a mini-mansion, but a huge house compared to the little Heights house I'm looking at. But I'm not buying it. I can't justify spending that much on a house when I already own a home. There are things that are more important to me in life. Like finishing my book for one!! (husband, kids, life and religion too of course, but those are in a completely different category and don't even compare to material things.)

Now that Miranda has been in school and I have to rush home after the gym to do dinner, homework and bath I totally appreciate the evenings when there was no homework. I am going to take advantage of the next three weeks she's off to write, write, write in the evenings. Even after the gym. If I have been able to do as much as I have in the evenings with her being in school there is no excuse now that she won't be. We'll see how it goes. Let's end the year with a BANG!!

OH! One more thing I'm going to do over the break. Check out this Frontera 450 exhibit about the murders of the women of Juarez. Check it out if you're in Houston. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/arts/art/4337199.html

No comments: