Thursday, June 30, 2005

Quick Update

I've lost 7 pounds so far on Weight Watchers.

I'm working on my novel tonight but just taking a quick break to write this. I love writing my novel! Have I ever told you all that? I could just sit and write and write for hours if I had the time. Imagine if I did have the time. I'd already be finished with it. My job is going pretty good and will be even better as soon as I'm done with all this reporting that I'm working on. And by reports I mean revenue reports, not writing reports. I wish I was writing something at work!

Anyway, today I had a meeting with my boss, his boss, and his boss. It was a meeting to give a clear direction to my job and it was really good to get that.

However on the flip side of that, I feel like I'm doing so well at work that I just have to finish my book to do what I really want in life. Isn't that funny? Right when I'm on top of my game at work is when I get an even stronger desire to accomplish my own personal goals. It's like the confidence I feel with my work gives me more confidence to reach for more.

Michelangelo said, “The great danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.” On to finish the book!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Loida, I'm glad everything is going great at work. Keep up with your book writing. I can't wait to read it once it is all done. And CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss. That is awesome!