Sunday, July 25, 2021

Successful People in the Last Third of Their Life

I'm going through a mid-life crisis moment in my life, even though I'm way past the mid-point and more on the last leg. I'm on a growth path right now. 



While on this path I've been thinking about people who were successful after 50. I will share this list with you, in case you too are looking at your life and wondering what can you accomplish before the curtain falls. 

Claire Cook - At 50 Walked the red carpet for the movie "Must Love Dogs."

Grandma Moses - At 78 Became famous for her art.

Delia Owens – At 69 Published “Where the Crawdads Sing” (bestseller).

Laura Ingalls Wilder – At 65 Started publishing her Little Prairie books.

Frank McCourt- At 66 Published “Angela’s Ashes.”

Nora Ephron- Was 42 when her movie “Silkwood” came out. Late 40s and 50s other movies.

Colonel Sanders- 70 when he sold his chicken to KFC.

Julia Child- 49 when she published her first cookbook.

Bram Stoker- Over 50 when he published “Dracula.”

Ray Kroc – Over 50 when he helped launch and franchise McDonald’s, 63 when it really grew and expanded to other states.

Life is  a series of adventures and we don't know where we will end up. All of these authors, artists, and business people were exceptional at their craft, but the most important lesson I take away is that they didn't think that it was "too late" to accomplish their goals. 

As I get ready to wrap up this second third and to enter into the last one third of my life next year I'm excited. I have one year to learn more about radio, TV and public media, which has been a completely different change in my career. I also have one year to finish my latest novel and to work on getting it published. 

Onward and upward.


No comments: