Sunday, September 09, 2007

My Kids

A friend, who's never met my kids and lives in another city, asked me recently what my kids are like. Here's an example.

The 3 year old boy says to me, "I used to be a Rock Star, but now I'm a little boy."

I told my husband so he asked him about it. He confirmed to him that yes, he was in fact a Rock Star once.

We crack up. He's something else.

My daughter is totally me. She's loud and talkative and not shy at all. She introduces herself to everyone without any fear at all. We were at a meeting for writers and artists and I took her with me.

We were meeting people and she says, "HI! I'm "Magenta*" and this is my mother Loida. I'm an artist and she's a writer." Just like that. No hesitation what-so-ever. Sometimes I think she's even more gutsy than me. She's definitely smarter than I was at her age.

*Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: