Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Check it Out

Check out the September issue of Texas Monthly. My cousin has an essay in there. "Tall In the Saddle -My father’s not-so-brief, happy career on horseback." by Oscar Casares.

This is his third essay in Texas Monthly. I haven't read this one yet but knowing my cousin I'm sure it's great like the other two. I'll have to run by Kroger or a book store tomorrow to pick up a copy.

If I've never plugged my cousin on here before here's my plug. He's written a collection of short stories entitled "Brownsville." http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0316146803/qid=1124853049/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/102-3936702-6121733?v=glance&s=books This was his first book and I'm sure we'll be seeing many more from him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Loida, I was at my Dr. yesterday and picked up the July Texas Monthly and one of your cousins articles was in there. He was writing about speaking the Spanish English language and how he had an experience in LA where some radio disk jockey "EL Cucuy" put him on the spot by having him explain his book in Spanish and then after everything he explained El cucuy told him now explain it in English to our english listeners.

He must be a regular contributor to that magazine. It was a good article he wrote.

ShoeGirl Corner said...

Yeah, this is his 3rd article I think. He also had one where he talked about his father's preference for only eating Mexican food.