Friday, November 29, 2013

And Then There Was One

I'm down to just one blog again. I started this blog nine years ago this November 25. (Happy Belated Anniversary to me) Seth was seven months old. Then a few years later, February 13, 2008 to be exact, I started blogging for skirt! magazine. I was thrilled to have another outlet for my voice and for my writing. My handle there was Shoegirl1970 and I blogged approximately 346 times over 5 years and 44 weeks.

 
A couple of weeks ago I received an email that was also sent to all the skirt! bloggers telling us that the magazine had decided to take a different direction and that they will no longer host the skirtsetter blogs. I was so sad. I quickly went to look at my blogs and tried to start saving them but that seemed like it was going to take forever. I quickly gave up. 345 blogs are a lot of blogs. Lesson learned? I should have backed up my blogs every year. Five years and 44 weeks fly by!
 
I also tried blogging on Hips 'n Salsa for a while but it was very hard to keep 3 blogs going, a full time job and 2 kids and that only lasted a year and a half or so.
 
Now I'm back to one blog. The funny thing is that I was recently talking about starting a sales blog for my new business, Casares Communications. I want to blog about the importance of having a sales team, even if it's just one person. I'm just worried if I can think up enough topics to keep the blog going on a regular basis. I still need to put some thought into that. Maybe I can start weekly and move to monthly, depending on the need for information.
 
I have to think about it. For now I will enjoy having only one blog.

No comments: