Saturday, March 25, 2006

This I Believe

Have you heard the great radio show, "This I Believe" on NPR? It is such a touching and inspiring show with words from people from all walks of life. I've really enjoyed hearing the essays. I also logged on and read several of them. So many of them made me cry. I especially loved the one by Isabel Allende.

So I decided to enter an essay. I don't know if they'll accept it and I don't know how long it will take to find out if they do. My essay was about my belief that it's our job as parents to teach our children. If I get a letter of decline from them I'll post my essay here.

OK, it's Saturday and I don't feel like doing anything else even though I really do have a lot to do around the house. I went out in the ministry this morning and then we went to lunch at my favorite Vietnamese restaurant, Kim Son. After that I went and bought new outfits for the kids. They needed a new outfit for their yearly pictures and for our yearly meeting of Jesus' death, called the Memorial. We celebrate the day of his death instead of the day of his resurrection, or instead of Easter. I also went ahead and bought them new shoes while we were at it.

I haven't mentioned that I joined a new gym. Yes I actually broke down and did that. So now we're going to a gym. It's actually very convenient because they have the childcare too and the kids love it. Unfortunately they don't have the childcare on the weekend. I've been twice and it's working out great so far. I haven't yet figured out that elliptical machine. It does remind me of a modern day torture device!

No comments: