Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Weird Fears and Random Stuff

I have a couple of weird fears. One is going into public restrooms by myself. I've mentioned this one before. I hate going into creepy ones especially. Which ones are considered creepy? I don't know! But you know creepy when you see it.

A good definition of creepy is when I was watching the trailer to this new animated film, Coraline and I saw her open a little gift box from her alternate universe parents, and the box has buttons and a needle and thread for her to sew on her eyes. CREEPY!! That's when I was totally convinced that the movie is not appropriate for the children. They have been begging me to take them to see it but I keep telling them, NO! I don't care how warped their little senses of humor are, that movie is freaky. They love watching weird cartoons like Foster's Home of Imaginary Friends, or something like that, but Coraline will give them nightmares for sure.

So on to other things that creep me out. Oh! Why am I scared of public restrooms? Because of that cheesy movie Blow Out that I saw as a kid (see!) where John Lithgow is the psycho killer and he kills women in public restrooms. Maybe he just killed one in a restroom in that movie but it was burned on my brain forever. Whenever someone comes into the stall next to me I check their shoes.

The other thing that creeps me out is taking a shower when I'm by myself in the house or if the children are asleep. I think that's also related to a scary movie, Psycho, the original movie.

I had a false alarm. I thought Rey's grandparents were coming to visit THIS weekend and I was already starting the slow journey towards panic, but then I found out today that they're coming NEXT Thursday. Whew! Now I can proceed with my "clean a little each day" plan until we get the house clean. Some of the big jobs will happen this weekend so I can get someone to come help me do some of the deeper cleaning next week. They're sleeping in my bedroom!

My bedroom is not the safe haven that Oprah talks about. It's the dump for all random things and the last room to get cleaned because I'm always cleaning the rooms people can see and I can shut that door. OK. Now you know my dirty little secret. How else do I have the time to write?

Tomorrow are our annual awards at work. I don't know if I'll win anything. I was nominated this year, but there's really not telling if I'll win. Rey calls me the Susan Lucci of Pub Club (that's what our awards are called) so if I win this year you'll hear about it.

I still need to take a shower and figure out what I'm wearing. I'm sleepy! I worked out 2 days in a row and I worked out 3 days last week! Yay! I'm also the Queen of livestrong.com. I've been logging all my food every day! Maybe I'll win the iPhone.

No comments: