Saturday, March 24, 2007

What's Next?

After dedicating this month to volunteer work I will feel really good about moving forward and picking up where I left off with some of my other projects.

Next I am going to pick up my novel again and will continue to submit it to literary agents. I really haven't tried hard enough and I have many more agents to contact. I will continue with my revisions in the process. I would like to have a flawless manuscript when the Chica Lit Fiesta comes around. You never know!

In the meanwhile I am going to do my very first chapbook! I'm really excited about this project. I'm going to do a chapbook with all of my father's original stories. I'm going to write the introduction about how my father's stories have influenced my writing and I'm going to add two of my short stories, based on his stories. I'm going to self-publish and we'll see where it goes from there.

And most importantly I need to pick up where I left off on my change of lifestyle. I need to start moving again. Walking at Memorial and Studewood parks or the neighborhood, going to the gym, and eating healthy. I'm back on track because I have quite a few goals to work towards. First there's my health, then there's my district convention in June, then Chica Lit Fiesta in August, and finally, there's my 20 year class reunion next Spring or Summer. Yikes!! All great milestones to measure my progress. And we're off!

2 comments:

Adam Luis said...

Congratulations on everything so far! it seemed to me that he was clearly showboating. With the danger that everyone was in, I really don't see his purpose for trying to get the man off the bus. That panel discussion sounds like it will be so interesting. I actual saw her new young adult novel online the author day when I was browsing for books and it seems really interesting. I'll have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Keep submitting. As Miss Snark says, all it takes is one yes.