Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sor Juana Festival

Check out the brochure on this amazing month of events taking place in OUR city for the Sor Juana Festival. This festival is a tribute to Mexican Women during Women's History Month. All of the artists and authors are Latina women.

Our very own local girl, Gwen Zepeda, will be reading at the Museum of Fine Arts on April 19. The totally cool title of her reading is, "Mexican Women Were My Mr. Myagi." I think all of us that are products of the 80's know what that means.

One of the main sponsors is Nuestra Palabra Latinos Having Their Say, the literary group that has been instrumental in my writing my novel. Please show your support for Mexican women and all the organizations involved in bringing you these events by attending one or more of them. I'll be at the Frida Kahlo play, "El Entrecejo."

http://nuestrapalabra.org/pdf/SorJuanaFestBrochure.pdf

No comments: