Saturday, January 13, 2007

Please Stop Raining

Hello from Colo Vista in Bastrop, Texas! Beautiful place although it's really misty and wanting to storm. It's also cold because the cold front moved in earlier than expected. Of course! Would it be anything else on a weekend that we finally get to get away without the children? The irony! I've also been getting sick with a cold and I'm a bit congested, stuffy nose, etc.. Isn't that hilarious?!

We came anyway, knowing it was probably going to rain and all. We just wanted to get away. I brought my lap top and I'll be doing some much needed revisions. Right now I'm using the wi-fi in the the restaurant but it's closed because it's so early (8 a.m.) Yes I, the non-early bird person, am up already. I've been up since 7:15ish and I came to drop off Rey to get started. We ate a quick breakfast taco and he went off to play in the drizzle and I came to blog for a bit.

Now I'm going back to our adorable cottage to work on my revisions. That was one of the main reasons I picked this place. I will be able to get some work done while we're here and Rey will hopefully get to play some golf. Not having internet in the cottage is probably a good thing. I'm less likely to get distracted that way and I can give the revisions my undivided attention.

On to see what the rest of the day has to offer! I'll keep you all posted if you're reading on this cold wet weekend.

No comments: