Thursday, July 12, 2012

Nike Ads Continued

Here is another one of my favorite Nike ads and one of the ones from my original blog post about Nike quotes. I love that I found most of the original ads the way they appeared in magazines way back when. This one is from 1994 and really touched me when I was a 24 year old overweight young woman. (possibly bigger than I am now)

I had forgotten that the original ad had a picture of Marilyn Monroe, who many people don't realize wasn't a size 2. She had an hourglass figure and according to this one site, that sites sources, she was a size 14 top, size 6 waist but then a size 12 or 14 on the hips. Far from the skinny models and actresses of today and not your standard measurements but she was beautiful and looked perfect no doubt.

I love the line that says, "And so if a woman is to be measured, let her be measured by the things she can control, by who she is and who she is trying to become..." Once again, awesome ad copy! Thanks Nike for this campaign.

1 comment:

Asportinglife said...

I really like you post because you are giving informative information about Nike. good job keep it up. :)