Friday, July 16, 2010

Do You Know Where You're Going To? (ala Diana Ross)


Do you know where you're going to?

Do you like the things that life is showing you?

Where are you going to? do you know?

Do you get what you're hoping for?

When you look behind you there's no open door

What are you hoping for?

Do you know?

Song by Diana Ross
 
I blogged about the vision board over on skirt a couple of weeks ago and then I mentioned following our dreams again this past week.  I love that quote by Sam Phillips in Walk the Line. Sometimes I watch the movie up to that part just so I can hear it again. The actor who portrays Sam Phillips, Dallas Roberts, does such a great job in that scene just telling it like it is.
 
That speech he gives Johnny Cash includes so many things in life. It wasn't just about a song. It was about Johnny Cash embracing that moment, that rare chance that he had been given to audition. Sam is asking him to give it his all, to show him what he has in him. It was as if Johnny Cash was lying in that gutter in that very moment. As we know, he did grasp that moment and he gave him his all. He proved that he had it in him to be a star.

The truth is that I blogged about the vision board on July 4 and now it is the 16th and I still haven't made the board. Why? Because there is one part of me that's stuck and what's worse is that I can't even talk about it here because it's career related. Let's just say that I still feel like I am still at some crazy crossroads in my life. It's a very uncomfortable place to be in life and not where I want to be at forty. At the same time maybe it's not a bad thing because I'm at the halfway point of my life.

I hope that the vision board helps give me some direction. If not there's always my trustworthy PROS and CONS list.

1 comment:

ShoeGirl Corner said...

I'm glad you're enjoying my site.