Monday, October 27, 2008

Update on Daddy

I took this great picture of my dad reading The Houston Chronicle, while sitting in his hospital bed yesterday, but I haven't learned how to load photos from my phone on to my computer yet. Hopefully I can learn later so I can load it. It's such a cute picture. He is the die-hard Chronicle reader.

OK, here's the update. After about four hours of waiting today the doctor finally came out to tell us that the surgery was a success. He said that my father had pulled through really well and had minimal blood loss. Like not even enough to be a concern. He is so strong for 84!

I finally went to eat something because I was starving. We went back up and went in to see him in the recovery room. The doctor said that they would keep him in recovery anywhere from one to three hours, depending on the person. When we went to see him they told us that he would be going back to his room in a few minutes. He was only in recovery about one hour. That also gave us hope. They had him back in his room and he was pretty out of it while I was there.

After being there all day I left around 6:30 and another sister stayed. We are trying to figure out how we are going to juggle the next couple of days when they get him up to start walking on his new hip or new femoral head, which is the part I think they replaced. It is going to be a challenge but he is alive and well!

No comments: