Friday, October 17, 2008

New York is Too Awesome

I love this city. Wednesday night I met my cousin for dinner and she remembered that her friend, author Stephanie Elizondo Griest was having a reading that night. We finished dinner and went to catch the tail end of the reading. After that we went to the after party at a nearby restaurant. I also got to see another writer friend of my cousin's, Michelle Herrera Mulligan. Then I also bumped into an ex La Voz writer who was there too. It was quite a coincidence and indication of what a small world we are in. Especially the writer/media world.

Thursday was the conference and Friday was sales calls. Friday night was the MoMa. I love that place! See my skirt blog for more details.

Saturday we went to Jersey City and ran around New York. (we may consider staying at the Hyatt on the Hudson on the Jersey side next time- Very beautiful scenery!)

Sunday we went to Zabar's for coffee and then we left New York. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay forever, but I couldn't. I had to come back to my two little ones and my job and a promotion. Yeah, promotion! Crazy I know!

No comments: