Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Lap Band Girl Adventure Update

Hey, I haven't said much about the lap band lately, except that I was close to 25 lbs down. Okay, so now I am 25 lbs less than before surgery and I have a feeling I'm going to lose more this week from sheer starvation. Okay, I'm exaggerating a bit, I'm not starving, I just can't eat very much at all.

I went in for a fill last Friday. For those of you who are behind on my story let me catch you up. I had the lap band put in on December 28. When you go in for a fill they put fluid (saline) in and it tightens up your lap band a bit more. Basically it's the way they ease you into eating less and less instead of doing it all at one time like gastric bypass surgery does. My appetite has definitely gotten smaller in these last 4 months.

Anyway, I had my fourth lap band fill and OH MY! I can barely eat. Even my protein shakes go down slow! I can only eat a few bites of food and of course I have to chew it down to practically nothing. But it gets better after a few bites and by then I'm full.

It hasn't been like this the whole time, only this time. I felt a definite difference with my third fill and I couldn't really eat bread any more at all, because it would get stuck. I definitely can not eat bread now, at all. I can hardly eat rice too. I'm eating a Progresso chicken soup with wild rice and I've had to eat the chicken and carrots. I also can't have any more Carbonated drinks. I probably won't be able to eat pasta any more too. I didn't think I would be able to give up Diet Coke and Zero, but I haven't had any carbonated drinks since my surgery. A first in my life.

Yes we shouldn't eat and drink these things any way, but the lap band forces me to stop and I can't have them even if I'm tempted. So that's what works for me. I needed this radical change and so far it's working for me. ;)

No comments: