Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm Sooooo Starbucksing!

I entered our new term, coined by my 3 year old son, "starbucksing" into the Urban Dictionary and it looks like they accepted it. If you like the term and agree with its definition give me a thumbs up!

Today was a busy day! I started the day going to a Black History Wax Museum at my daughter's school. Her teacher and class did a fantastic job of putting on a great show. Each child represented a different person and they memorized a speech of the person's biography. They stood around the multi-purpose room with a light in front of them. People walked around and pressed the light in front of them with their foot and when the light went on the child presented his or her speech from memory. My daughter was Tiger Woods. She was adorable in her golf t-shirt, Tiger Woods hat, golf club and ball.

I loved Coretta Scott King, Maya Angelou, and Malcolm X. Super cute!!

My printed and spiral bound copy of my novel, that I've had since December, has finally moved from my table to my truck. I'm finally going to have it with me so I can work on editing it when I have lunch by myself or I'm waiting somewhere. I also have three copies out to friends since December and no one has finished it. I don't take that as a good sign! I know that when I love a book I can't put it down and I can't wait to see what's going to happen. That's not happening here. It looks like I have some major editing before me.

No comments: