Monday, March 24, 2008

I'm a Glimmertrain Finalist!

First of all I must share my good news with all of you. I submitted a short story to a literary journal for probably only the second time ever, and the first time to Glimmertrain, and I was a finalist! What that means is that out of the 1,200 entries I made the top 5%, but not the final 25 winners. Still very exciting for a first time effort! One of the publishers called it “an excellent read.”

The story I submitted was one that I published in part on this blog and that I read at The Houston Institute for Culture. It was unfinished at the time, but I already had the end in my head. I finally finished it in time to submit it to this story contest that I read about on Literary Mama. The theme was Family Matters, so I submitted “The Canal,” a short story based on a real story that happened to my dad and his brother when they were little.

This has really encouraged me to keep submitting and of course to always keep writing. Yay!!!

2 comments:

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

You are totally a superstar.

For real.

Moose said...

Cheers!