Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dead Computers

A while back I reported that my beloved laptop, where I wrote my novel, half died. Half of the screen went black. Something inside the screen gave out. I guess it was tired. Then this past weekend, after putting our desk top computer through a Yahoo virus scan, our desk top completely CRASHED!! It wasn't pretty...

My husband found a very ingenious way to make a right out of two wrongs. He hooked the laptop up to the desktop monitor and now I'm typing on the laptop, but using the desktop monitor. Isn't that pure genius? I love my smart husband! kiss kiss

So that's one of the reasons why I haven't written anything in a couple of days. That and I don't really have anything to say. Well I do have some things to say, but not enough time right now. I want to say some more about my friends' robbery at gunpoint and about the crime inside the city and how I think that neighbors should band together to do something about it, but I'll say more about that later.

Sunday is Superbowl and like many Americans we too will be watching. My in-laws are coming over and we're going to share in the festivities. I'll pop in only to watch the commercials.

Not too much more planned this week. I'm just busy as usual. I'm off to submit a recipe to the Neighbor's Project blog. They are accepting recipes for things that you can make using your neighborhood store. I'm going to submit a recipe for pork chops in tomatillo sauce, using the ingredients from our neighborhood Matamoros Carniceria. I hope they like it and accept it!

1 comment:

Moose said...

Let me know when you give that recipe cause I sure would like to know how to do a good tomatillo sauce. Not that we have tomatillo's here, but still, just in case I come across some in Copenhagen.