Monday, January 22, 2007

What a Day!

I had by far the most interesting day today. Here is a list of all of the things that happened to me today. Notice how although some were bad they could have been far worse.

1. My morning started off on my way to drop off my daughter. Suddenly I had to use the RR really bad. I thought I could make it to the baby sitter's house after dropping my daughter off at school. Instead I had to make a U Turn to go back to my sister’s house to use her restroom.

Bad: This made me late to work.
Could have been worse: I could have peed in my pants.

2. Next, there was an accident that had the freeway stopped dead. I was able to exit, but it forced me to take the long way to the babysitter’s to drop the baby.

Bad: This made me even later to work.
Could have been worse: I could have not had an exit and I would have been stuck on a long stretch without an exit.
Even worse: I could have been in the accident had I not gone back to use the restroom at my sister's.

3. On the way to the sitter's I saw that my daughter left her lunchbox in the car so I had to go back by her school to drop it off on my way to the office.

Bad: It made me even later to work once again.
Could have been worse: I could have seen it once I was at work and then I wouldn't have been able to drop it off.

4. I worked out for lunch. When I came out of the shower I saw that not only had I left my locker unlocked, I even left the lock on the bench. Thus making it even more obvious. All my jewelry, specifically my engagement ring, was inside my gym bag. I held my breath as I went to open my locker. Thank goodness everything was there!

Bad: It was just bad. It almost gave me a heart attack.
Could have been worse: I could have been robbed blind!

5. I walked out of the gym and I found out that I left my lights on and my battery was dead. A nice man had just parked in front of me and he gave me a jump. I had a meeting downtown in half an hour.

Bad: This was now going to make me late to a meeting at my downtown office.
Could have been worse: I could have not found anyone with cables and I would have been even more late.

6. Right after I got a jump and was getting ready to go downtown my contact fell out of my eye and was torn in half. I did not have a spare.

Bad: This was now going to make me even more late to the meeting and I had to drive with one eye.
Could have been worse: Not sure what could have been worse. I guess if my other contact tore too.

7. After all of this, the meeting ended up getting canceled and was rescheduled for tomorrow.

Bad: I went all the way downtown when I could have just stayed at my other office, around the corner from the gym. Instead I drove all the way from the Galleria area to Downtown with one eye.
Could have been worse: Not sure what could have been worse. By this time I was just in awe of all that went wrong in just one day. It was amazing!

2 comments:

Suvii said...

OK, Loida, you had me laughing with this one! Not that I'm amused that all those things happened to you in one day, but the way you described it just made me think of scenes right out of a movie! I could almost picture it! A very eventful day indeed! I'm glad you kept it all in perspective!

Coco said...

He, he, he ; )
I'm sorry...
but it's pretty funny ; )

Hey, have you read "Could Have Been Worse" children's book, author? can't remember : (

Have a wonderful weekend.

Cuidate!
Bendiciones,
Coco

ps
thank you for your support