Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Update on Health

Emergency room doctor thinks it's my ovary. Primary Care Physician thinks it's either a hernia or something intestinal. Surgeon I saw today said it's not a hernia and that I possibly pulled a muscle. He prescribed Advil and rest.

My OBGYN was in (same building area) so I stopped by and saw him. He said that if the cat scan didn't show any abnormality in my ovaries he doesn't think it's that. His theory is that I had a cyst inside the ovary (which are supposedly normal cysts that are there called functional cysts) burst and that it's causing the pain and that it'll just pass.

Ironically today I haven't had the pain since around 6 p.m., when I went to pick up Seth. I usually have it an hour after I eat and I didn't have anything this evening after dinner. (which is why I thought it's intestinal) At least not so far.

THEN today by total coincidence. One of the mothers from Miranda's school, who I don't even really know, and I were corresponding via e-mail because I had volunteered to sit at our booth for the Fall Festival Saturday. I mentioned that I had a pain on my right side that they can't figure out and she tells me she had the same thing recently and it ended up being a herniated disk! And she didn't even have back pain, just an abdominal pain. Very strange! I asked her for her doctor's name. Worth a try. She said she saw 7 doctors before they figured out what it was.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loida I hope you're able to find out what is going on. I'm sorry to hear you get these sharp pains. Cuidate linda.

Coco said...

Please continue to be "alert" as to what kind of pain it is... sharp, dull, etc. Also, try to pinpoint where the pain is originating from... Is the pain related to your menstral cycle? DON"T LET THIS GO ON THE BACK BURNER!!

I hope you are feeling better...CUIDATE!

Un fuerte y caluroso abrazo.

Bendiciones.

Suvii said...

I hope you are able to get to the bottom of this. It must be so hard to feel the pain and then the frustration that comes from not being able to figure out what's causing it. I agree with Coco... don't let this go to the back burner. Pursue an answer!

ShoeGirl Corner said...

Thanks for your nice comments. I do feel frustrated not knowing what is wrong and I wish someone could just tell me for sure.

Gwen said...

If it's on the right side and right under the bottom rib, and it's happening after you eat fatty food, then it's your gall bladder.

If not, then I don't know.

Good luck.