Friday, October 14, 2005

Vacation's All I Ever Wanted

I think I've used that headline before but that's OK because I LIKE IT! I am so excited. It's 12:30 a.m. and I just got both kids down for the night and I need to go to bed too but I am so excited. Tomorrow is the beginning of my vacation. I'll be gone for 7 business days plus 2 weekends. That means that I do not have to set foot in that office for 11 whole days!!! That in itself is enough to get me excited.

"Why?" you may ask. Well, for starters I haven't had a whole week off from work in about 2 years. Even then, I didn't go out of town. In fact, I haven't been out of the country in FIVE years! That is a record for me. Ever since I started traveling abroad at 23 I have been going somewhere every year or every other year. It's the wanderlust in me! I love Houston but I love to travel. Maybe it's because I was born and raised here and lived here my entire life that I enjoy visiting other places.

So tomorrow I start my vacation and get my things ready, pack, last minute shopping for a couple of items, prescriptions filled, pedicure, etc... I am so excited!!

I am also very grateful for what I have, for my health, for my family, especially for my children. I’m grateful that I can take vacations like this one. I recently had a tragic death in my family and there was the man in New York. Those kind of incidents really make me question my life again and make me ask myself if I am really happy in life. I want to do what I want to do in life. I want to live out my dreams. This is just a means to an end, a bridge to my future..

No comments: